And like a true book addict, I have to scream highlight, brag, and promote my favorite of my favorite books.
Best Fight Scenes
- The Mark of Noba by GL Tomas was a great book, but it was light on action until the final climax. And oh my gosh, that climax had me screaming and wanting to throw my kindle down. Well worth the wait!
- I loved Niko by Kayti Nika Raet. It started out strong with the action and ended strong. Niko is as bahd, yall. In the beginning of the first book, there is a near eye gouging scene that still makes me squirm when I think about it.
- Song of Blood and Stone by L. Penelope. This story is going into the best fight scene because***The heroine had to save the hero from being raped by men*** This was wonderful. This was diverse. This was original!!!!
Sexiest Sex Scenes
- Ariah by BR Sanders is hands down the sexiest book I’ve read all year. Whooo… It was steamy, groundbreaking, and diverse. Here are just three of the sexy scenes that I still think about.
- There was an orgy scene near the end of the book that was hawt.
- When Ariah and Sorcha hook up
- When Ariah and Shayat hook up
- When Ariah, Shayat, and Sorcha hook up
- Lilith from Daughter of Gods and Shadows by Jayde Brooks- Lilith is A succubus and she controls powerful men with sex (or at least with perceived sex). She’s actually a bad guy in the book and we don’t learn much about her. I’m hoping in Book 2 we’ll get to see her fleshed out.
- The scenes with Syenite, Innon, and Alabaster from The Fifth Season by NK Jemison. Yeah, I got a thing for polyamorous relationships.
Ben from Niko, Kipp from The Mark of Noba, and Elias from Ember in the Ashes Sabaa Tahir.
Tetra from The Mark of Noba, Niko from Niko, and Shayat from Ariah. All three of my picks are dark-skinned and tough. I think I have a type.
To make it here, the book has to have perfect pacing, great characterization, and it gave me a book hangover.
Spook Lights by Eden Royce
Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Lagoon by Nnedi Okorafor
Binti by Nnedi Okorafor
Serpentine by Cindy Pon
Angelfire by L. Penelope
The Fifth Season NK Jemison
Monster by Kayti Nika Raet