Last week, Diverse Book Tours hosted COAL. It was amazing, and here are a few things I learned:
- Some book reviewers should be writers. Curtis at Convergence Book Reviews made me forget I wrote COAL, and I wanted to run out and buy a copy.
- I suck as a book reviewer. I have to be better.
- Some people read novels, the story doesn’t go how they expect, and they get mad. Then there are the others. The ones I write for, who love it. They love the unpredictability. Bottom Line: We all want something different. Find your tribe.
- My idea of paying someone to proofread isn’t in line with reality. Lesson learned.
- Diverse readers go hard. I’m not the only person addicted.
Tomorrow. I’ll post excerpts from a few of the reviews.